Providing adventures beyond borders
Our goals guide our programmes
Goals for children’s learning, development, health, and well-being are integral to all aspects of Acadekidz Toddler and Preschool programmes, from policies and procedures to environments, experiences, and interactions. Grounded in a view of the child as competent, capable and organized around the foundations of belonging, well-being, engagement, and expression, the goals will help Acadekidz educators and administrators remain focused on children first and foremost throughout all elements of the programmes. They are intended to be used by Acadekidz educators in planning and creating environments, experiences, and contexts for children’s learning and development across all domains. They are also intended to guide the process of observing, documenting, studying, and discussing children’s experiences with families.
Foundation for learning and goals for children:
• Every child has a sense of belonging when he or she is connected to others and contributes to their world.
• Every child is developing a sense of self, health, and well-being.
• Every child is an active and engaged learner who explores the world with body, mind, and senses.
• Every child is a capable communicator who expresses himself or herself in many ways.
At Acadekidz, we believe:
• in having time to take care of your child.
• in roomy space with natural light.
• in smaller groups with more educators.
• in giving your child all the attention he/she needs to be well-balanced.
• in nourishing your child with wholesome food.
• in play and learning through play.
• in enjoying the outdoors.
• in acquiring both French and English at a young age.
• in experiencing art, music and jiu-jitsu.
• in having dedicated and caring Registered Early Childhood Educators, Assistants and Specialists.
What Acadekidz acknowledges towards its community :
• Children as capable and curious, therefore offers programmes that value and build on their strengths and abilities.
• Families bring diverse social, cultural, and linguistic perspectives.
• Its families belong to the larger AcadeCap Community as valuable contributors to their children’s learning.
• Families engage in a meaningful way.
• Its Early Childhood Educators are lifelong learners, tapping into the IB PYP pedagogical framework.
• Early Childhood Educators take responsibility for their own learning and make decisions about ways to integrate knowledge from theory, research, their own experience, and their understanding of the individual children and families they work with.
• Every educator, assistant, supply, resource teacher belongs to the larger AcadeCap Community, is a valuable contributor and engages in meaningful work.